Keeping things simple and affordable
We endeavour to provide very high quality therapy at affordable prices. The cost per session for either individual or couple counselling is $140 + GST for 50 minutes, which we believe is a very competitive and realistic fee. Sessions are held in the privacy and comfort of our dedicated offices.
Please enquire about fees for contract work.
Whilst we recognize that emergencies can happen, we ask that 24 hours notice of a cancellation be given. If not a cancellation fee of 40% may be charged.
Payment is usually required via internet banking. If cost is an issue, there is also an option for income-based financial assistance via Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ) – see below.
WINZ have an allowance available that may assist with therapy costs called the Disability Allowance . It is a weekly, non-taxable rate currently set at $63.22. This is paid directly to you and then when invoiced you can use this to help assist with session fees.
- meet an income test;
- have a disability which is likely to last at least 6 months (the term ‘disability’ is quite flexible here – it includes ‘stress’ or anxiety or any other emotional difficulties or physical illness or accident);
- have ongoing, additional costs arising from that disability;
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident or deemed to hold a residence class visa in New Zealand under the Immigration Act 2009 (e.g. Australian citizens or residents) and;
- generally be ordinarily resident in New Zealand
- Contact us for a quote for therapy services
- Contact WINZ (if you complete your application in 20 working days, WINZ will likely cover you from the date you first contact them)
- See your GP and complete the form with them
- Submit your application with WINZ
You can either apply online or download and print an application form from the WINZ website.